MAKES about 10 medium size scoops of sorbet
- 5 c blueberries, fresh, rinsed, stems removed
- ¼ c sugar
- ¼ c honey
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Place the blueberries, sugar, honey, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Stir to coat blueberries with the sugar. Mash with a potato masher.
2. Put the mashed blueberry mixture into a blender or food processor and puree.
3. Working in batches, press the pureed mixture through a sieve with a rubber spatula to remove blueberry skins and lemon zest.
4. Chill the mixture for at least an hour in the fridge. Follow the directions on your ice cream maker to prepare the sorbet. Serve immediately.
TIP If you plan to prepare this ahead of time, add 1-2 Tbsp of corn syrup to the mixture before pureeing, which will keep the sorbet from getting too hard in the freezer.